Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just We Two - More Happy Home

Good morning!  Or is it afternoon?  Or even evening?  Just up from my latest nap.  Yawn!

I need to address another reason why I call Cherokee disgusting.  Before we moved to Phoenix, he was always congested and stuffy.  He sneezed constantly.  Mom said he had allergies or maybe even asthma.  Sometimes when he would sneeze, stuff (Mom calls it snot) would come out of his nose and hang there.  He would go all over the house with that stuff hanging off his nose.  Mom would try to wipe it off, but he would never let her and would struggle mightily if she tried.  Did he think she was trying to smother him, or what?  Anyway, it was perfectly disgusting!  After our move, he stopped his constant sneezing and usually then it happened only when it rained.  Mom was happy that he was better.  She was also better, because she had pretty much the same problem, except that she would wipe her nose.  She would even blow the stuff out before it had a chance to hang out.  She has much better habits than Cherokee ever did.

I believe I told you before about one of his litter box habits.  Totally disgusting!  Mom said that he was a man, what could we expect.  I think for some reason she has changed her attitude since then, though.

Cherokee also loved to wrestle.  I believe that I mentioned before that he was always bothering me during my nap times, because he wanted to play and/or wrestle.  Often I would get very angry and we would end up fighting instead, leaving more big clumps of fur for Mom to find.  She used to worry that we would really hurt each other sometime, but it didn't happen.  We were pretty easy on each other, even though we would hiss (mostly I would) and growl (mostly I would) while rolling around on the floor or the furniture.  It scared Mom, and I'm sorry that it did, but what could I do?

I don't remember a whole lot about our time in Massachusetts, since one day seemed to be very much like the previous one.  Here in Phoenix, though, I remember most of our time.  In some ways it is a more interesting house than where we were in Massachusetts, because there are steps.  However, there were a lot more windows and a lot more to see in the old place, although there wasn't much place to sit by the window in the winter, when they were closed.  Here we have window sills big enough to get on, even when the windows are shut.  There just isn't much to see.  From the patio doors we can see the patio and sometimes a bird or a butterfly.  From the dining room window, we can't see much at all, just the plants growing along the front walk.  From the bedroom window, again, not much to see, except a little bit into the parking lot and the garage roof.  From the office window, we can see into a few other patios and see more birds and butterflies.

Cherokee always liked to be in the dining room window, because Mom would let the cat's claw vine grow over it in the summer.  He said it was like hiding in the bushes.  He could see birds and butterflies coming to the flowers along the walk, but they couldn't really see him.  He would sit there for hours at a time.  Sometimes I would go up there, but later on it got harder and harder to get up there.  I think they changed the height of the window!  I never could jump as well as my brother.

Well, I'm a little tired right now, and I can't think of the rest of Cherokee's disgusting habits, so I will leave you now so that I can meditate and think about things, about life, about the past.  I'll get to the present soon enough, but I'll leave that for another day.

Yours,

Apache

No comments:

Post a Comment