Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Where is Mom?


            I have been napping a lot now.  It helps with the loneliness.  I’m just tired all the time, and now I’m cold, too.

            One day, Mom brought out the suitcases.  That is always a bad sign.  She put one suitcase inside another one, and then brought out a small one, too.  She put some clothes in them and a few other things that she said she was not going to bring back.  It was very strange, why two suitcases in one?  She said that she was taking one back to the person who owned it.  Why was it here if someone else owned it?  I sometimes have trouble understanding the human process.

            Anyway, Mom and Dad left the house one evening with the suitcases and Mom’s large purse.  It was dark already, and they fed us before they left.  I don’t know where they went, but they didn’t come back.  Some strange woman wearing a scarf came into the house and gave us food.  Is she Dad's mother?  Mina was scared and hid, but I’m just too tired to hide anymore.  I hide only from the vacuum cleaner because it is loud.  It is cold now, and the heat does not come on.  Mina and I snuggle under the comforter on the bed.  Thank goodness for the comfortable mattress and the nice, warm comforter they bought us.  We would freeze without them.  It is very quiet in the house.  Where are they?

            A couple of days later, Dad came home, but Mom was not with him.  Where is Mom?  I fear that she is dead, or she would have come back.  She would not leave us if she were alive.  Oh, how we miss Mom.  At least we have Dad.  That is enough for Mina, but to me Dad is someone new in my life.  I have lived with Mom for a very long time, long before Dad came into the picture.  Don’t get me wrong, I love Dad, but I need Mom!  I wonder what they have done with her.  She has been gone for a long time.

            Dad is very good to us.  He feeds us and he cleans the litter box.  He plays with Mina, and he snuggles with me in the living room.  What more could we ask?  I want Mom.  We both miss her so much.

            A few days later, Dad left again, with that woman coming in to feed us.  Now where is Dad?  Why did he leave us again?  What are we going to do?  Maybe Dad is dead, too!  It is cold again, quiet, and lonely.  Food is definitely okay, but we need Mom and Dad.  I am shivering now with cold and fear.

            Maybe a good, long nap will help me to feel better.  Maybe Mina will cuddle up and help to keep me warm.

Yours,

Apache

No comments:

Post a Comment