Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just We Two - More Ruminations

I am pretty tired today.  As you can tell from previous posts, I have not been sleeping all that well.  I try my best, but sometimes it just doesn't happen.  Sometimes there are certain disturbances.

I have been thinking about a lot of things.  I have had lots of time for that, since I've been awake so much.  Take hairballs, for instance.  I have them.  Cherokee had them (although not nearly as many as I had, since I washed him a lot and his fur was a lot longer than mine).  Pest will probably have them, too.  Anyway, being a feline, I know exactly what to do with hairballs.  Spit them out!  Mom really freaked the first time she saw one of my fine hairballs.  She thought it was something I should have done in the litter box.  When she realized it was composed of fur and just in the shape of my throat, she calmed down a lot.

Mom has hairballs, too.  She doesn't seem to realize it, but I can tell.  Every now and then she will start to cough and she will be really hacking like crazy, unable to stop.  I try to signal her what to do, but she doesn't pay any attention.  I look at her and then I look at the floor.  I do it several times, but she manages to stop coughing without giving up the hairball.  She's probably doing some sort of internal damage to herself, but it's her decision.  You can't blame me; I try.

I also have thought a lot about rain.  What is the point?  It just gets everything wet and makes the air wet, too.  Sometimes the rain makes a lot of crashing noises and flashes bright lights.  That's a little scary.  It's always nice to cuddle up to Mom when that happens, or go under the bed, but Mom is best.  At least we haven't had much rain since we moved to Phoenix.  I could get to like it here a lot.

Another thing to think about is company.  Why do we have to have any?  We are just fine without them.  They smell different, sometimes they smell very bad.  They talk to Mom a lot and she doesn't have time for us when they are here.  They also make a loud noise with the doorbell.  It hurts my ears, and I always run upstairs and go under the bed.  I don't like strangers in the house.

The only company (stranger) that I liked was Mom's grandson.  He came to stay for a while during a couple of summers.  He liked us and we liked him.  He was fun sometimes and would play with Cherokee.  I liked to watch.  Every now and then he would feed us or give us treats, too.  There are some good treats out there!  Treats are probably better than geckos.  I wouldn't mind if he came back.  I also liked it when Mom's daughter visited.  She wasn't here nearly as much as Mom's grandson, though.

I like it when Mom brings flowers into the house.  Some of them taste very good, but Mom gets upset when the vase tips over and water gets on the table.  I think my favorite flowers are baby's breath.  They are just yummy, but it's a little hard to get them out of the vase without pulling out the rest of the flowers and tipping over the vase.  Life is just imperfect sometimes.

Food!  Where does it come from, anyway?  Mom says she is going shopping, or going to the store.  When she comes back, she has food in bags.  Some of it she puts in the refrigerator, like meat, wonderful meat.  The rest goes into various cupboards.  But what is this "store?"  Does she go to this "store" and they just hand her bags of stuff?  Would they give me bags of meat?  Would I even be able to find a "store?"

Toilet water!  Why am I not allowed to drink it?  It is cool and tasty.  Mom says I get sick after drinking it.  I doubt it.  Cherokee liked it, too.  He always made a big mess with water all over the place.  Mom tries to be sure that the toilet lid is closed at all times.  Killjoy!

Well, I shall leave you with those thoughts.  I feel a nap coming on and must take advantage of it when it happens.  I need my beauty sleep!

Yours,

Apache

No comments:

Post a Comment