Thursday, April 18, 2013

Just We Two - Journey into Madness

I’ve been playing with some new toys, and someone named Linda has been helping me to play.

Am I still alive?  Miss Patchy suggested the title for this page, but I don’t really know what it means.  She says that a journey is like a trip.  Well, what is a trip?  Anyway, we had an awful ordeal, Miss Patchy and I.  We were put into our boxes every morning and taken to the car to roll away somewhere.  It was so scary!  Sometimes I tried so hard not to get into the box, but Miss Patchy said that Mom and Dad will always win that fight, and she was absolutely right.  I hated all those little houses where we lived for the night.  They smelled funny and they were small, and I just wanted to be back home, where I felt safe.  I hated rolling in the car, too.  Mostly Miss Patchy and I slept when we were in the car, so I don’t remember a lot of it.

First, there was all the packing away of familiar things, and the loss of our furniture.  Where did it go and why?  Now I understand it a little better, since we seem to be at home in a new place.  It is much bigger than those little places where we stayed the nights.  I feel a little safer now, except for the other cats who also live here.  The one named Mr. Purr is very frightening.  He says he is the boss here and I need to just stay out of his way and do whatever he says.  Miss Patchy says that she knew him a long time ago.  She didn’t like him then and she doesn’t like him now, but she’s not really afraid of him.  She fights with him, although not so much anymore.  She is very brave.  I wish I could be like her.  One reason I don’t like him much is that he yells all the time.  Miss Patchy said that he didn’t used to yell and that maybe he can’t hear too well.  That might be right, since sometimes I come right up to him and he doesn’t notice until he actually sees me and then he is very startled.  Wow!  I would hate it if I couldn’t hear.  Maybe he’s not such a bad guy after all.

The other cat is called Millie and I like to intimidate her.  Miss Patchy said that’s what I do, but I don’t really know that word.  Anyway, when we meet, I hiss at her and she mostly runs away and I chase her, except for sometimes when she hisses back.  It is fun.  Sometimes, Millie even comes right in front of me, teasing me.  It’s a good game.

At first it was very cold in this new house, and Miss Patchy and I spent a lot of time in a wall, refusing to come out, even sometimes we didn’t eat.  That is very unusual for Miss Patchy, but not so much for me.  Finally, things are getting warmer, and the windows are open sometimes.  The windows here are much different from home, and there are a lot more of them.  They look different, and there are a lot of things to see when I look out, plus they are easier to get to.  There are lots of birds to watch.  I wish I could get to them, but again, there are screens, and I can’t get out.  I have to be satisfied just to watch and switch my tail, thinking about what I would do to them if I ever caught them.  When I look out the windows, mostly all I see are many brown stick-like things.  I’m not sure what they are.

What a terrible ordeal we have gone through.  I just can’t stop thinking about being in the box for so long and staying in those horrible little houses.  Some of them were not so terribly bad, but they just weren’t home.  Some of them smelled very bad and some were not very good.  Some were not too bad, but home is best.  Will we ever be home again?  Miss Patchy says that we probably won’t ever be in the Phoenix home again.  She has some experience, and thinks that we are probably in our new home now.

I was very frightened the other day.  Once again, we were put into the boxes, both of us.  We went to the car and rolled away.  I thought for sure we would end up in one of those awful little houses for the night, but instead, we went to see the vet.  Almost as bad, but at least we went home when we were done there.  The vet poked and prodded until I thought I would go crazy.  Then she gave me a shot.  Miss Patchy got the same.  What is happening now?  I think we have to go back again later on.  Mom and Dad are talking about flying somewhere.  Well, we don’t have wings, so I don’t think we will be flying anywhere any time soon.  I talked to Miss Patchy about this, but she says I shouldn’t be so sure about things.  She says that Mom and Dad have talked about flying here and flying there, and they don’t have wings.  Hm-m-m-m!  We will have to think about this for a while to see if we can figure it out.

Maybe if I play with some toys, I can think better.  My mind will be clearer.

Regards,

Mina

No comments:

Post a Comment