Friday, June 10, 2011

Just We Two - A Big Surprise

A lovely nap!  It's so nice when Mom has the ceiling fan on when it's so hot.  I can lie on the cool tile and feel a little breeze blow gently over me.  It never fails to put me to sleep.

I think I mentioned before that Mom did a lot of searching online.  She is pretty good at it.  After all, that's where she found me!  She looked at the Humane Society web page back in Massachusetts, and when she saw my picture, it was love at first sight.  She said I was the most beautiful feline she had ever seen.  How right she was!

Anyway, Mom continued online to find a companion for herself.  She had mentioned that she used to have a mate, but they got divorced.  When we moved out here to Phoenix, she really knew almost no one.  Gradually, she got to know some people - how else could she throw a party?  Well, she met a number of different men who, for one reason or another, just were not suitable for her.  Cherokee and I knew long before she did, of course, because the smell wasn't right or they obviously didn't like us.  While she was still working so much, she decided to have another party.  She cleaned the house from top to bottom, using that awful thing, the vacuum cleaner.  How we hate that!  We always adjourn to the bedroom and under the bed when she uses it.  There was a lot of other cleaning to be done, as well.  Sometime while she was cleaning, she started feeling a pain and had to sit down a lot.  The party was good, but she was glad when it was over so she could just rest and try to get rid of that pain.

The pain kept up (she still has it, but is going somewhere to work on it), but after a week or so, she left us alone and the neighbor came in to feed us and clean our litter box.  Mom was gone for about four or five days (I was never real good with numbers) and what a surprise when she came home!  She had someone with her - a man!  It was late at night when they got home and after eating a little something, they went right to bed.  The next day, we checked him out a little, but we were leery of getting too close.  It wasn't long before we decided that he was okay.  He smelled okay in a human sort of way and he was very nice to us.  Mom kept saying that she brought us a daddy.  Whatever that was!  (Didn't Kitta say something about a daddy?)  Before long, they got married and we realized just what a daddy was.  He was very good to us and would slip us treats sometimes when Mom wasn't looking.  Now we had a companion, too.  He was home with us all day while Mom was off working.  He spent a lot of time on the computer, trying to find a way to make money for us, but he would cuddle with us, too.  He played with Cherokee sometimes, as well.  Mom wasn't real fond of playing, like me, so it was a real treat for Cherokee.

We really liked having Dad around.  He cooked food for Mom, he fed us and cleaned our litter box and just plain filled our days with companionship.  We now had two people to love, and we did.  What a nice family we now had!  I am still wondering about one thing, though.  Mom says that Dad is from turkey.  What?  Do turkeys give birth to humans?  I don't really understand that at all.  It seems very strange to me.  I have never actually seen a baby human.  Are there such things?  Also, I have never actually seen a living turkey, only a roasted one on a serving platter (that's the best way to see them, in my opinion).  So, how does one get a human from a turkey?  Oh well, how does one begin to understand the human mystery? 

Well, all of these memories are making me very tired today.  I think I must go take a luscious nap.


Yours,

Apache

No comments:

Post a Comment