Thursday, June 30, 2011

Just We Two - More From Mina

Well, I’m feeling pretty good today.  Of course, I always do, so that’s not news, I guess.  I was a little lonely on Monday, though.  That morning, they put Miss Patchy in the box and took her away.  I tried and tried to get her out before they left, but I couldn’t find the way to open the box.  I was a little scared.  She was scared, too.  What if she didn’t come back?  They said she would be back in the afternoon.  I was sure hoping that it was so!  Fortunately, she did come back later on when the sun was starting to go down.  All she wanted to do was sleep, and she growled at me a little when I wanted to play with her.  She didn’t eat anything for supper, and then Mom squirted something into her mouth and she went to sleep again.  I think her mouth was hurting her.

I didn’t think I would miss Miss Patchy, because she is so old and boring, but sometimes she licks my face and grooms my fur.  She talks to me and explains things to me – almost like a mother.  I would have been very sorry if she hadn’t come back.  We are getting to be very good friends.  I hardly every miss my sisters or furry mother these days.  Sometimes I can’t even remember what they look like.  It’s almost as though I have always lived here with Miss Patchy and Mom and Dad.

I’m pretty much all grown up now, but I still love to play.  Miss Patchy says she gets tired just watching me run around, but I need exercise.  It wouldn’t hurt Miss Patchy to exercise, either.  Mom says that she has gained a lot of weight, and Daddy calls her “Fatty Girl” sometimes.  Mom has been giving us less food, but all Miss Patchy does is sleep and eat ( she eats most of my food, too), so she just gets fat.

On Tuesday morning, Miss Patchy was still pretty sleepy and cranky.  She ate something, so I think she was feeling better.  After eating, though, her mouth started to hurt again, so Mom and Dad held her down while she screamed and growled and hissed and Mom squirted that stuff in her mouth again.  Mom said that it stressed everyone so much (especially Miss Patchy) that she wasn’t going to squirt the stuff in Miss Patchy’s mouth any more.  That was okay, since Miss Patchy seemed to feel a lot better later on that day.

Yesterday, when Mom got up in the morning and went downstairs to feed us, Miss Patchy was running down the steps right beside me.  She kept up with me!  She has always very slowly walked down the steps since I have known her.  Maybe she won’t be so mad when I leap over her now.  Maybe she will play with me!

Miss Patchy says that the vet took some of her teeth away.  They were hurting her anyway, so she doesn’t miss them very much.  The vet must have given her some energy, too, because she is much more awake now.  I can hardly wait to play with her.  We can have lots of fun.

I have to go play now, so please excuse me.

Regards,

Mina

No comments:

Post a Comment