Monday, September 5, 2011

Just We Two - Anger

I just had a much-needed nap.  I was so angry this weekend that I just got really tired.

Mom and Dad got home last night.  They left on Friday and just got home yesterday, on Sunday night.  I was so angry with them that I didn’t bother to come downstairs last night.  I decided to show them!  When the neighbor came over to feed us, I actually came downstairs and allowed her to pet me.  Mina, on the other hand, did not show her face, but chose to greet Mom and Dad.  When will she learn the proper way to act?  When will Mom and Dad learn that they should never leave us?  I remember when Mom decided to move to the house called Phoenix.  She took Cherokee and me with her.  We didn’t like rolling too much in the car, but it was great to sleep with her every night, instead of comforting each other when she left us alone.  Mina wasn’t a lot of comfort to me.  She has her toys, but she also went around the house looking for Mom and calling out for her.  Silly girl!  I told her what to expect and what to do, but she wouldn’t listen.  Now Mom and Dad know that Mina missed them and was happy to see them come home.  I, on the other hand, let them know my displeasure with their disappearing act, by not coming down to greet them until this morning.  What do they do when they leave the house?  Anything?  Or do they just sit outside somewhere and think about how else they can make me unhappy? 

Mom always says that they are going to away.  Where is this away anyhow?  I’ve tried to figure it out, but all I can think of that it is another house somewhere.  I think they sleep there, because they take pajamas.  This time they took food, too, so I guess they ate there, also.  I’m not sure I would like to go to away, but I guess if Mom and Dad were there, it wouldn’t be too bad.  At least then I would know what and where it is.  All I know is they walk out the door and leave us here.

Anyway, I really am glad they’re back, I just don’t want them to know.  The neighbor just gave us dry food.  Ugh!  This morning I threw it up.  Mom says we need it for nutrients and to keep our teeth in good shape.  It’s okay when she gives us canned food and her homemade food along with the dry stuff, it’s a nice variety, but just dry food is awful.  I’m glad she came to her senses and started giving us wet food again, after a long while of just the dry stuff.

Mom left some nice stuff on the couch for us.  There was a pillow, a blanket, and a sheet.  I liked the blanket okay, but I didn’t bother with the pillow, too puffy.  It felt unstable.  Mina likes to lie on Dad’s pillow, but that’s because it smells like him.  I do like to curl up by Mom’s bed pillow, because of her scent on it, but I don’t really care about sleeping right on it.

Mina was really kissing up last night.  She cried off and on for hours outside Mom and Dad’s bedroom door.  What a little suck-up!  Once in a while, I have been resting peacefully under their bed when they have closed the door and gone to sleep.  That’s okay.  In the morning I let them know I am there and then they let me out.  Of course, Mina cries a lot, because she is all alone when I’m shut in the bedroom with them.  She doesn’t like that at all, but it is good for her sometimes.  She then appreciates me more than ever.  I just don’t understand how she could not appreciate me all the time.  After all, I teach her things, I save her from becoming fat by sharing her food, I even wrestle with her sometimes.  When she does something I don’t like, I hiss at her and let her know that she has gone beyond the bounds.  What’s not to appreciate?

Well, I’m still feeling a little angry, so I should probably take a nap.  I should feel better about life after that.  Such a distressing world we live in!

Yours,

Apache

No comments:

Post a Comment