Sunday, September 11, 2011

Just We Two - Lots of Fun

Whee!  I just had breakfast and I’m feeling fine!  Time to play before I take a nap!

I just wanted to say how much fun I have with Miss Patchy.  When we finally get Mom to get up out of bed to feed us, we run down the stairs.  I usually jump over Miss Patchy at least once on the way down.  If I miss, I go back up and try again.  It’s just so great to run up and down the steps and jump over her.  Then, on the way into the kitchen I leap over her at least once more.  It’s just so much fun!  She doesn’t seem to mind too much.  Mom gives us such a great breakfast!  We both eat pretty fast, but once Miss Patchy finishes up her wet food and homemade food, she pushes me out of the way so she can finish up mine, too.  Fortunately, most of the time Mom is standing right there and she says “Patchy?” in a loud voice and gently nudges her back to her own dish with her foot.  Once the good stuff is gone, it doesn’t really matter who eats out of which dish, so I usually let Miss Patchy eat from my dish, if she wants to.

Miss Patchy and I wrestle a lot, but she doesn’t want to keep going for very long.  She gets grumpy and starts to growl at me.  What fun!  I always like to see how long it takes to make her growl.  Then we can switch our tails back and forth, as if we were angry, and glare at each other.  I usually jump on her a few times before she gets really mad.  I then move on to play with my toys.  I’m always finding new ones, too.  Just the other day, I found a flat, round toy on the dresser.  It had a little hook-like thing on it.  For some reason, it didn’t play very well, so I left it on the bedroom floor.  Dad picked it up and showed it to Mom who said it was an earring.  She put it away in the closet.

That’s another thing. When Mom and Dad were gone last week, Dad left the closet door open.  It was a lot of fun playing with the things hanging down from Mom’s clothes.  I also cleaned off the top of the little cabinet in there, except for a few heavy things.  There were more of those earrings hanging on a thing on top of the cabinet, but I couldn’t get any of them off to play with.  Darn!  They looked like a lot of fun.  Another great toy is what Mom calls twister ties.  Dad almost never remembers to close the bread bags and leaves the twister ties on the counter.  Of course, Mom and Dad don’t want me on the counter, but I go anyway.  What harm can there be in it?  Anyway, I want to go on the counter.  I always grab those twister ties and play with them all over the house, although sometimes I put them in the water bowl.  Mom finds them and then talks to Dad about closing the bread bags and keeping the twister ties away from me.  What a spoil sport!

A couple of days ago, Dad brought home what they called a balloon.  It was round and red and, at first, it hung out on the ceiling.  Mom pulled it down and showed it to me.  I didn’t like it at all and I kept backing away from it.  She tied it to a chair leg so it wouldn’t go up in the high part of the living room ceiling.  The next day, it was hanging out on the floor.  Mom took its string off the chair leg and bounced it around on the floor.  I watched, but I still didn’t like it.  This morning, I don’t know where it is.  Maybe it ran away because I didn’t like it.  It seemed kind of sad, since it wasn’t up by the ceiling any more.

Lately, I have been spending a lot of time in the dining room window.  What wonderful things, windows.  I’m not quite sure how they work, but there are a lot of things to see in a window.  Sometimes there are buzz birds in the window and sometimes there are other things.  Sometimes, even Mom is in the window.  Hmmmm!  I wonder if I could ever be in the window.  Is it like the television?  I’ve never seen a buzz bird or Mom in the television.  When Mom opens the door and goes outside, I can see her in the window.  I must try to get outside to see if I can get in the window.  Who would see me in the window, though?  I’m the one who looks at it.

I’ve also been watching television a lot with Mom and Dad.  Sometimes I lie on the floor under the comfy chair, and sometimes I lie on the couch next to them.  There are so many people and other creatures in the television.  I have gone up on the cabinet that holds the television, but I can’t figure out how to get into it myself.  This is very puzzling.  Miss Patchy says not to worry about it and to take a nice nap, but I need to figure this out.  I’m a little tired now, though, so I guess I will think about it later, after a nap.

Regards,

Mina

No comments:

Post a Comment