Sunday, July 24, 2011

Just We Two - Mina's Thoughts

Whee!!!!  What fun it is to be alive and play!  I just played with the ball in the ring and it makes such a great noise.  I’m taking just a short break so I can write.  It isn’t often that I have time or that the computer is free, so I must take advantage of it when it comes up.

First of all, I want to say that playing is my life!  There are so many great things to play with.  Besides the ball in the ring, squeaky mouseys and other things, I now have a wonderful ball that Dad brought back for me from away.  I don’t know where away is, but there must be a lot of  nice toys there.  Maybe Dad will take me to away some day so I can see all the toys.  Other things I love to play with are some little paper packages that smell nice.  Mom has them on the tray on the table with the salt and pepper.  She gets mad when I take them and tells me not to play with the mints.  I do anyway.  There also is the little brush up on the bathroom counter that smells like Mom’s mouth.  It is just tiny and plastic.  She gets mad about that, too.  Lately, I have been trying for the cold things in the glass Mom drinks from.  Once I get one out of the glass, I play with it for a while (as long as I can stand the cold of it), but then I must forget where I put it, because it is never there when I come back.

Another fun toy is the big chain that hangs down the wall of the bedroom.  It makes a wonderful loud noise when I pull on it, let it go, and it bangs against the wall.  For some reason, Mom or Dad will always get up out of bed and shut me out of the room when I do that.  They also don’t seem to like it when I mine for their fingers under the pillows.  One toy that Mom really hates is what she calls the “nuggets” that I get out of the litter box.  They are fun.  They are very hard and they make a nice noise when I drop them on the tile floor.  Mom can always tell when I have one and she will yell at me and take it away.  Mom and Dad just don’t know how to play at all.

I had an experience a little while ago.  It was pretty scary.  Mom went out of the roof and, of course, I dashed out after her.  Something was wrong with it that time, though.  It was dark, and the air around me was moving a lot and there were flashes of light in the sky.  The air just made my hair stand up and it was very, very scary.  I panicked, I guess, and I ran to the door, but it was closed, so I ran and jumped up on the wall that divides the parts of the roof.  Mom grabbed me off the wall and took me, struggling, to the door.  Before she could open it, I gave one last strong struggle and I scratched her on the leg.  She didn’t even yell at me, but made sure I was in the house.  She knew that I was afraid, so she didn’t do or say anything to me.  I’m really sorry that I scratched her, but I was just so scared.  Mom put alcohol on the scratch and then tried to comfort me.  I love Mom a lot!

There was another scary time, but it was a long time ago.  Mom and Dad went to away and they were gone all day.  Mom got something out of the closet before they left, and I, naturally, dashed into the closet so they couldn’t see me.  Then they closed the door and left.  There I was, all alone in the dark.  I went to the door and called out, but no one was home but Miss Patchy, and she doesn’t know how to open doors.  I was very frightened and lonely, but at least I could talk to Miss Patchy.  I didn’t have a litter box in there, so I had to leave something on the carpet.  When Mom and Dad got home, I was frantic, and I was screaming and crying at the door.  Mom looked in my room and when she didn’t find me there, she checked the closet.  I was so happy to get out.  Mom and Dad were upset that they had shut me in the closet and now they always check before they shut doors.  Of course, I do my part by always letting them know that I am in there.  As I dash in (while they are watching), I call out to let them know.  I don’t ever want to be shut in there again.  I’ve also been shut in the garage a couple of times.  I don’t like that, either, so I always let them know I’m going out there so they don’t forget me.

Another experience that took place a while ago, was that I got outside.  They will never know how, and I’m not going to tell them.  It was pretty cold out there, and very dark, and I heard strange things moving.  I was outside until it started to get light.  When I didn’t come to breakfast, Mom started calling me and looking for me.  I was very small and didn’t have a big voice, but Mom finally opened the front door, and she saw my cold, little body and quickly brought me inside.  I ate my breakfast and we cuddled a little and I finally got warm.  I don’t like it much outside, even though it’s not cold out there now, but maybe it’s cold only when it’s dark.  Sometimes, Mom will let us go out on the patio when she is out there, and it’s very hot out there now.  It used to be cold.  Is it me, or is something changing in the air?

Well, I see a toy that needs to be played with, so I must dash off now.

Regards,

Mina

No comments:

Post a Comment