Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just We Two - Thoughts

Pain free at last!  Did the vet do that?  It doesn’t seem right that such an unpleasant experience should take away my tooth pain.

I don’t seem to sleep as much as before.  Is that good or is it bad?  I don’t know.  I have just had a good nap, though, and I was in the office with Mom.  For the first time in quite a while, I actually felt like getting up in the chair with her.  I think the chair got a little smaller, or Mom got a little bigger, but it was pretty tight.  I stayed for a while, and Mom thanked me for coming up, saying that it had been quite a while.

Mom calls me her “pretty girl.”  I like that.  She calls me “Beauty” and she calls Mina “Cutie.”  Mina really kisses up by getting up on Mom’s lap, putting her front legs around Mom’s neck, kneading, purring, and burrowing her little head in under Mom’s chin.  Mom just eats it up!  It’s pretty disgusting, if you ask me.  Cherokee used to kiss up, too.  I would get up in that comfy chair with Mom and, after a few minutes, Cherokee would come galloping in and jump up in the chair.  I always left after that and went to lie on the couch by myself.  It didn’t seem to matter to Cherokee that I was glaring at him.  He just kept on purring and putting his head under Mom’s hand so she would pet him.  Completely disgusting!  Mina does that little head under the hand thing, also.

Mom really tries to be fair to everyone, though.  Whenever she leaves the house, she always says goodbye to everyone.  Now, it’s Daddy first, then me, then Mina.  I used to be first, before Daddy came.  Oh well, I’m glad Dad’s here anyway.  When Mom comes home from wherever it is she has been, she says: “Babies, I’m home!”  It’s always nice to be recognized and appreciated.  She really likes it when we come downstairs to greet her.

When we get Mom up in the morning (when it starts getting light), she tells us “good morning,” and asks us if we would like some breakfast.  Kind of a silly question, if you ask me!  Of course we want breakfast.  We’re pretty hungry after a whole night without food.  At night, she’ll call out “Supper!” and we always come into the kitchen or down the stairs to eat.  A number of years ago, Cherokee and I got only wet food.  Then someone told Mom that wet food wasn’t really good for us and she started feeding us dry food only.  It was okay, but not nearly as good as wet food.  Now she makes food for us and we get a combination of wet food out of the can, some of her homemade food, and dry food.  It’s pretty satisfactory.  We often leave a little dry food for later on, in case we get hungry again.

The first food she made was not that great.  It had a kind of funny taste in it.  She said she had cooked chicken thighs and catfish nuggets.  She ground them up and then added egg and Vitamin E.  Something just didn’t taste quite right.  A couple of days ago, she made a second batch of food – chicken thighs and beef heart, with soft-boiled egg.  Yummy!  She gave Mina and me a few little slices of raw beef heart.  It was so wonderful!  Even Mina loved it, and she never seemed to care for raw meat.  She can give me beef heart anytime, raw or cooked!  I wonder what the next batch will be like.

Well, thinking of eating is making me sleepy.  I need to take a nap until the next meal.

Yours,

Apache

No comments:

Post a Comment