Thursday, July 21, 2011

Just We Two - Where Do Humans Come From?

Good morning!  I’ve been awake for a while now and have eaten a delicious breakfast – all of it.  I was so hungry that I actually ran down the stairs again.  Haven’t done that for a while.

I’ve been pondering some things.  Where DO humans come from?  As I said before, I have never actually seen a baby human, so I have no idea what they look like.  I had always assumed that they might look like adult humans, just not so big – like felines.  I’m beginning to question that assumption.  Dad says he is from Turkey.  ????  I think turkeys are birds, at least that’s what Mom calls the one we eat on Thanksgiving.  What do humans and birds have to do with each other?  This is very puzzling.  Mom says that she is from Ohio.  What is an Ohio?  Is it also a bird?  I certainly have never seen an Ohio.  I always say that I am from Massachusetts, but what is a Massachusetts?  I had always thought that that is what we called the house we lived in there, but I’m beginning to wonder now.  I vaguely remember my feline mom, and she looked just like any feline, just bigger than her kittens.  Mina says that she remembers her feline mom, too.  What is it about humans?

Mom talks about others who are also from Ohio, but some from Indiana, Chicago, Boston, California, etc.  Are these all birds?  Or what?  Certainly Dad does not look like a turkey, as much as I can tell.  He definitely is not a bird, as he doesn’t have wings or skinny feet, or feathers.  But none of the turkeys I have seen have skinny feet (or any feet), and they don’t have feathers.  Sometimes Mom pulls a part off the turkey and calls it a wing.  She says they are delicious.  Hm-m-m-m!  What is going on here?  Our house is called Phoenix, but I have heard Mom say that there are three and a half million people living in Phoenix.  Where are they all?  They certainly aren’t here in our house, unless I am misunderstanding numbers.  Maybe some day Mom will explain things to me.  I have a feeling that there are a lot of things in the human area that I don’t understand at all.

Here are some other things about humans that I just don’t get.  Why do they persist in eating fruits and vegetables and chocolate?  Don’t they know that those things are not good for them?  I would never, ever eat them; they taste awful!

Why do they do what they call “going to work?”  Where is work and what do they do?  They call it “having a job.”  All I know is that they are gone from the house for a while and then they come home.  Do they go somewhere and just sit around?  Do they watch TV there?  Are there felines there?  When Mom had two jobs, she said that she was completely exhausted and felt that she was dying.  She would get up in the morning, feed us, clean our litter box, eat something yucky and then drive away.  She would come home late at night when it had been dark for a while, long after our hunger had begun and she would feed us.  Then she would sit in the comfy chair and turn on the TV for a little while before she would go to bed.  She said that she was “wired” and couldn’t sleep right away after she came home.  Cherokee and I would get up in the chair with her so that she could pet us and make us feel good.  It wasn’t much fun for us when she did that; we missed her a lot.  When Dad came, it was better because we had company all day and then Mom would come home at night.  When she started going to work for just a little while, it was much better for us.  We had lots of company then.  We had our choice of Dad or Mom.  That’s how it is now, and Mina and I are happy with it.

All of this brain work, this contemplation of things that cannot be understood, is exhausting me.  I must take a long nap now.  Perhaps I will dream the answers to all my questions.

Yours,

Apache

No comments:

Post a Comment